Visitor Map

You've been marked on my visitor map!

21 May, 2008

The Waterfall Field Trip Reflection

At Thursday, 16 May 2008, I went to the waterfall at Gunung Pancar because we had a new UOI topic about" Fragile Environments". Fragile environments meaning is an environment that is easy to be destroyed. Examples of the fragile environments are plants, trees, insects, little animals and animals.

The way I went to the waterfall was not as easy as I thought it would be. The way that I went to the waterfall is very steep, adventurous, and dangerous. On the way to the waterfall was very hot. So, I took some rest beside the pathway. I sat on the rock and took a break there. Then I continued my walk.

When I walk, I saw an eagle flying very high on the sky. How happy I am to see that.

When I saw that the waterfall was already near, I pushed myself to walk more faster. By the way, has I mention something about a caterpillar? No? Ok, here it is. So, I walked passed a bush and on one of its leaf, there was a red caterpillar!

So, that was one example again about fragile environment. At last, I reached the waterfall. I put off my shoes and socks and walk to the water. My feet hurt because the pebbles but I couldn't stay any longer because I have to go home. I have to change my wet clothes to my dry-change clothes.


Then, we took lunch still near the waterfall. After that I asked the guide why are the trees being cut, and he said that it was the illegal loggers who cut the trees. " Why are here there was just one eagle flying?" I asked again. " it's because they are being hunted and their home( trees) already being cutted down. There used to be a forest here and it had many eagles, monkeys, wild boars and many animals." He answered.

He pointed to a place not to far from the waterfall, a row of big rocks, and he said that it used to be a river there. But it already be a dry place now. I was curios if there was a landslide ever and he said that there was never a landslide happened here. The government will make this place to be a parking lot.

Then we get ready to went home. The pathway was not to steep but it was more longer.

This is my reflection. What do you think?

1 comments:

Jane Ross said...

A great reflection. 9/10